Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mormon Artist Reply

Rhonda: I loved your project! It was a unique and refreshing project to see your young son as a Mormon Artist. I was impressed with his spiritual maturity, his deep thinking, and his sculpting talent at such a young age. How old is your son? How long has he been modeling with clay? At this point in his life, does he want to pursue sculpting as an artist? Your project definitely stood out and caught my attention! Yours was so different than the rest of the interviews, which I think is a positive thing; it will not be easily forgotten.

Nicholas: What I really liked about your project is the questions you had prepared going into the interview. I like how you asked questions about how being a Mormon has influenced her artwork and then countering that with questions about how her artwork and perspective would be different if she wasn't a Mormon. I enjoyed hearing her responses because both answers were interesting. Part of what makes a Mormon Artist interesting is their set of beliefs that influence their art. I noticed the distinction between the two most readily in your interview. How do you know her? She is very talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment